Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3rd Shift Woes

I work 3rd shift now and I have worked 3rd shift at previous places of employment. One thing I've noticed during that time is that having a 24/7 operation requires much more effort on the part of management. Otherwise, there will be things that 1st shift knows that 2nd and 3rd don't and stuff that 1st and 2nd know that 3rd doesn't. I believe - and I am now in a management position - that keeping everyone properly informed is a function of management.

To me it doesn't matter what you do, who you do it for or where you do it, your job is to make your boss look good. Their job is to make sure you have everything you need to make them look good. That's it. How you go about making your boss look good depends on your job and situation but that's it. If everyone followed this 'work philosophy' then work would be much easier to deal with.

Then again if everyone just did their own jobs that would help too.

I'm in a rather bad mood and I don't really know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment