Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Big changes since my last post.  My family and I have moved from Massachusetts, my home state, to Utah.  There are many reasons behind the move, most of them personal and close to home so I won't go into them here.

Being LDS, there is a lot of baggage/expectations for moving to Utah where the church has its headquarters.  There are all sorts of stories about "Utah Mormons" that generally scare people.  I've found pretty much what I expected to find here: people are the same pretty much wherever you go.  There are some wonderful and friendly people that have gone out of their way to make me and my family feel welcome.  I can't say how much I appreciate that.

Right at the top of that list are my brother and sister-in-law.  Rick and Brenda have been just awesome to have around.  Rick works in the same industry I do and has been helpful in my job search efforts.  Brenda runs an animal rescue that my wife has been helping with pretty much since we got here.  We've been able to participate in parades and a pirate festival as a result of Pack N Pounce, which has been great.  Especially since its a worthy cause.  They rescue animals instead of putting them through euthanasia.

I am still looking for work, but in the meantime I'm going to try writing as well.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll even create a web comic.  My feeling is that if I were to do a web comic, it would have to be on a schedule I could maintain even while employed, so I'm thinking once a week, possibly twice.  I'm working on the characters and the setting now so stay tuned.

I do have a bit of rant to post.  That's up next - I wanted this post to stay positive as overall this has been a very positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment